HEALTH MARKETPLACE OPEN ENROLLMENT November 1, 2023
*Special Enrollment Periods Available!
Important Changes Coming to South Carolina Healthy Connections Medicaid Eligibility
DO YOU HAVE MEDICAID OR CHIP?
Beginning on April 1 2023, Medicaid eligibility will be changing and may impact your health insurance coverage. Tandem Health has your back!
Take these steps to find out if you can keep your coverage:
- Update your contact information – Make sure Medicaid has your current mailing address, phone number, email, or other contact information. To update your address, go to: https://tools.apply.scdhhs.gov/quick-tools/
- Check your mail – You will receive a letter about your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
- Complete your renewal form (if you get one) - Fill out the form and return it to Medicaid right away to help avoid a gap in your Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
What if you don’t qualify for Medicaid or CHIP? Affordable Care Act Can Help.
If you or a family member no longer qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, you may be able to buy a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace®. Marketplace plans are:
- Affordable. 4 out of 5 enrollees can find plans that cost less than $10 a month.
- Comprehensive. Most plans cover things like prescription drugs, doctor visits, urgent care, hospital visits, and more.
- Tandem Health’s ACA Counselors and Navigators can help you find a plan for you and your family.
TANDEM HEALTH ASSISTANCE
For assistance, call or stop by to see one of our Marketplace Navigators. You do not have to be a patient of Tandem Health for our navigators to assist you.
Sonya Del Rio LaQuanda Washington Nicki Dawson-Jones
1278 N. Lafayette Drive 1278 N. Lafayette Drive 319 N. Main Street
803.774.4632 803.830.6183 803.774.6462
View these videos for more information about the Medicaid Unwinding.