Dear Tandem Health Patients and the Sumter Community,
We know you likely have questions about the distribution and availability of COVID-19 vaccines and what it means for you. We will update the community on our plans as we continue providing vaccinations for Tandem Health patients and community members.
Tandem Health offers the Moderna Vaccine which is only approved for individuals age 12 and older.
Here are the steps to request a vaccine:
1. Vaccine Scheduling: Tandem Health is scheduling COVID-19 vaccines by appointment to patients and community members Monday through Friday. Please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department.
2. Educating the Public on Vaccine Efficacy: For more information about the COVID-19 vaccines and how we know they are highly effective and safe, click here.
At Tandem Health, we are committed to delivering the very best care for our patients and to advancing the health and well-being of our community. We remain optimistic in our fight against COVID-19 and are pleased that more people are able to receive these safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
Thank you for your continued trust in us.
David Justice, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Tandem Health is now offering COVID-19 Testing by appointment for Tandem Health patients. To make an appointment, please call 803.774.4500 and follow the prompts. For Adult Medicine press 2 and then press 2 for the scheduling department.
COVID-19 Precautions & Screenings
We encourage everyone to:
- To get the COVID-19 vaccine if eligible
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Use alcohol base (>/= 60%) hand sanitizer when washing hands is unavailable
- Wear a mask in public areas
- Practice social distancing (6 feet when possible)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, or the exterior of your mask
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue and discard or in the fold of your arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently